Monday, November 22, 2010

Así en la tierra como en el cielo by sandra comino

I thought I would explain to you where the title of my blog comes from. I started reading a book in Spanish to try to get better at it. I was attracted to this book because it is written by an Argentine author and it is about three generations of a family and their life as they lived in Argentina. I knew the title had to do with the earth and sky [tierra, cielo]. I started realizing as I continued to read that another word for heaven is sky. So I'm thinking the title is a translation of "on earth, as it is in heaven ....give us this day ....". I thought that was kinda funny cause I didn't realize. I really liked the cover too look how cool the trees are :). I actually havn't gotten to far in the book I'm only on like page 5 because I have to translate every word to understand whats happening !!! haha. Anyways yeah so that's it. My blog is on earth as it is in heaven :) I think the phrase taken out of context has a lot of meaning and I found it very powerful especially since the words heaven and sky are the same in Spanish. I think that's nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment