Monday, October 18, 2010

Buenos Aires, Argentina

IT is officially 2 months into the trip. 


There is so much to tell... 


Argentina is very different then living in Florence. I feel like i'm actually living here instead of feeling like a guest. This is mostly because the city is HUGE. It is so big that I really only have seen the outer edge and I've been here for 2 months already. I would like to catch you guys up on what I've been doing since I thought I would have started this from the beginning, but better late then never. 


1. I dont take many pictures in BsAs (buenos aires) because Its actually a city and its kinda scary to walk around with our cameras out. So that means we really only take pictures on tours or when we leave the city


2. I've been mostly working on studio recently and every now and then taking a bus to other parts of the city to go to open air craft markets or something like that. 


3. We use buses or el Collectivo to get anywhere and it costs 1.20 pesos BUT you can only use coins (Monedas) to pay AND BsAs just so happens to have a Coin shortage so it makes monedas a sort of treasure around here. 


4. BsAs has very nice areas, and Very Very Very poor areas. There is poverty everywhere you look. I have seen more homeless little children then I would ever have imagined. The very first day downtown, we saw two little children no more then 6 or 7 years old holding infants walking around asking for money. Another night we were on our way to a club at around 3 am, this particular one starts getting good around then to give you an idea of the nightlife here, and the taxi stopped at a red light. A little 13 year old boy starts crossing the street and we were all like, does that kids mom know hes out now what is he doing here, and he stops in front of cars waiting at the light and starts to joggle. We were like ... oh my god. That kind of thing is EVERYWHERE here. 


There is also an unbelievable amount of stray dogs as well. AND there is no law that requires people to pick up after their dogs, or at least no one listens to it, so it makes for quite an adventure walking on ANY sidewalk. 


5. Ive been taking Tango classes every monday since ive been here and I LOVE IT !!! Its really fun! The dance is more relaxed in the Argentine version and people dont get dressed up like you would imagine, but its really fun because its kinda old fashioned in that the guy does all the work and the girl just follows :) haha BUT its fun because that means the girls just clear their minds, listen to the music, and step. So I've really been enjoying that and when I get back me and Matt are gonna take lessons together, but i haven't told him yet :) 


6. Ive already traveled to Iguazu Falls, Cordoba and Rosario, which I plan on putting up posts for to remember how it was. 




Ok love you all, talk to you soon. 

1 comment: